Well hello there!
Once again, I’m putting off a workout to do anything else. Laziness-1. Katie-0. Okay, I haven’t been completely lazy this morning. I’ve cleaned, started my Southwest Chicken Barley Soup in the Crockpot for dinner tonight, and have even picked the workout I’ll do–my Full Body Circuit. I guess it’s time I finally get to it.
Before I do so though, I have some Italian goodness for you.
A few days ago, I made something new to me: mostaccioli. I’ve never made it before, but I figured it should be easy enough. So I found a few recipes to get the main idea of how to make it and then did my own thing. I thought it turned out pretty well too!
Che-ch-ch-ch-che-ch-check it out!
Easy Mostaccioli is a great weeknight dinner idea. You could even prepare it the night before and stick it in the oven the next day.
- 2 1/2 c dry penne pasta (around 7oz)
- 1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 c Parmesan, grated
- 8 oz marinara
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 c mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown meat and set aside. In a pot of salted water, boil pasta until al dente. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine pasta, meat, Parmesan, marinara, and seasonings until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer half of mixture to the 8x8 pan. Top with half of mozzarella. Cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then add the rest of the mozzarella on top and bake until melted.