Everyone rejoice! It’s my birthday week!
In honor of it being my 26th birthday in a few days, I figured I’d share some random tidbits about myself (because having my own blog doesn’t offer enough opportunities for this). So here goes nothing…
1. If I chose a different career, I’d probably pursue nutrition in some form or another. I don’t know if I’d become a full-on dietician, but I just find it all so fascinating so who knows.
2. I’m not your average morning person. Sure, I start off quite slow, but for some reason, I’ve discovered lately that everything is hilarious to me within the first few hours of being awake. It’s quite odd.
3. My favorite food is chocolate chips—straight-up or in anything reasonable.
4. I prefer learning by doing rather than being taught by someone else. So as you can imagine, I make a lot of mistakes in life.
5. I love lizards…like, a lot. I flip out every time I see one around here. We’ve found a couple in our backyard, and it’s kind of the coolest thing ever.
6. I like to hashtag when I talk because I’m obnoxious. #sorrynotsorry
7. My style of dancing involves an emphasis on arm movement. I’ve learned to just embrace it, even though I look crazy.
8. If you know me, you probably have noticed that I make a lot of faces. Half the time, I don’t even realize I’m making them, which tends to give away my true feelings when I don’t mean to.
9. The otter is my spirit animal. It’s hard to explain, but they’re just so funny/quirky/weird. I love them and their attitude towards life.
10. Almost every drink is better when drank through a straw. Exceptions include beer, wine, and hot beverages.
11. Speaking of straws, my preferred way to stir drinks is by blowing bubbles. Just try it. Your life will be changed forever.
12. Cookies are my favorite food to make (and eat). There’s a reason why I have 7 cookie recipes on this blog so far. Oh, and I totally made a batch yesterday.
13. I love the idea of reading, but I sadly have never enjoyed doing it for pleasure.
14. If I could travel anywhere in the world, it would probably be Ireland. Maybe it’s because I’m a teensy bit Irish, or maybe it’s because I love rain. I just feel like I’d love experiencing the culture/architecture/scenery.
15. Even though I’m not a great swimmer, I love water sports. I grew up waterskiing, tubing, knee boarding, and wakeboarding in Wisconsin every summer, so it’s kind of my happy place.
16. If I were only able to eat one food for every meal, it would be cereal. (And that’s basically how my diet looked throughout the last couple years of college.)
17. Some people say they have fur babies—the closest thing I have to that is probably my plants. So I guess you could say I have green babies. You don’t understand how amazing it is to watch little limes grow on our tree.
18. I prefer my salsa pureed because I find tomato chunks to be overrated.
19. My alcoholic drink of choice is vodka-soda-lime because it makes me feel like I’m hydrating more than anything, which is great. #HealthyGainz [or rather] #NotSuperUnhealthyGainz
20. I’m not the biggest of bacon. GASP. THE HORROR. I know. Shh. Matt’s very upset with me about this. I really do love the taste and flavor of bacon, but the texture (aka fat galore) throws me off. People usually benefit from this, though, because I offer the bacon off my sandwiches to them.
21. My favorite part of pizza is the sauce. In fact, I use to pick the cheese off my pizza as a child because I was a hella picky eater.
22. I’m amazing at setting off the smoke detector when I cook. I’m convinced we just have a hypersensitive smoke detector here because I never used to have this problem. RIP oven-roasted potato wedges (always sets it off)
23. I have bought shoes in the wrong size on purpose on multiple occasions. I see a pair of shoes I must have, but they don’t have my size, so I buy a half size too big or small. The thing is…while they aren’t too ill-fitting, they’re still not great so I only end up wearing them a couple times. You’d think I’d learn…
24. Sometimes, I’ll eat certain types of food just because it gives me an excuse to eat ketchup. Aka, I appreciate the condiment a bit more than the average person.
25. I steal borrow two coasters from every brewery we go to, especially around here. I’m thinking I’ll frame a collage of San Diego breweries someday.
26. I often forget how I old I am. A few weeks ago, I was convinced I was already 26, but apparently that’s not true. I don’t even remember being 24, to be honest. Nothing like forgetting my 20s while still being in my 20s. Or maybe that’s a sign I’m living it up like a 20-something-year-old should? Yes, let’s go with that one.
And there you have it: 26 totally random things about me that you probably didn’t care to know.