This is a little late, but something magical happened on Saturday.
I made sangria for the third? time ever, and it was ridiculous…and addicting. Not sharing the recipe would be a sin. I’ve seen sooo many interesting sangria recipes — white wine, holiday-themed, kiwis thrown in — it’s kind of awesome how much potential sangria holds. Since I’m not an experienced sangria drinker/maker, I decided to stick with the classic red wine theme, and I’ve finalized my go-to recipe from now on. Warning: it’s hard to drink slowly and really enjoy because it’s quite delightful, if I do say so myself. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
- 1 lemon, sliced and halved
- 1 orange, sliced and quartered
- 1 bottle of red wine (750 ml) -- I used merlot
- 1 shot brandy
- 1 shot triple sec
- 2 c ginger ale
- Combine lemon and orange slices in a pitcher and muddle.
- Add red wine, brandy, and triple sec. Refrigerate overnight (or at least an hour).
- When ready to serve, add the ginger ale.