When I think of the Super Bowl, I think of three things:
Usually, I’m all…
Aka, I’m not a big football fan, but I’m working on it. The commercials are usually what I’m most excited about. However, the event would not be the same without all the divine finger foods.
Since I like to indulge in the goodness of party food, but I also try to be health conscious, I’ve compiled a list of dishes I think would be great at a Super Bowl party and that aren’t going to turn you into the Stay Puft Marshmallows man.
While making this list, I didn’t want to waste your time with a bunch of bizarre, healthy foods that people can’t even pronounce—”What is that, a loofah?
I’ve tried to be realistic with the menu and provide links to recipes I’d actually make for a party, were I to be hosting one. We’re heading over to a friend’s house, so I probably will make one of these recipes. I just haven’t decided yet.
Hope this gives you some ideas for what to make this Sunday!
- Skinny Taco Dip – I’m obsessed with this stuff
- Black Bean Hummus with Toasted Pita Chips
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Salsa – I personally love this recipe
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip
- Chipotle Cheesy Corn Dip
Main Dishes / Meats
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Famous Chili – you could go the ground turkey route to make it healthier
- Grape Jelly Meatballs – could use ground turkey or a combo of turkey and beef
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Crescent Pockets
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skinny Muddy Buddies
- Fruit Pizza
- Black Bean Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt – vegan & gluten free
Other Finger Food
- Soft Pretzel Bites – love love love this recipe; you could use wheat flour to make it healthier
- Sweet Potato Chili Fries
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts – these are strange to me, but I’ve heard great things about them
- Veggie Tray – I always offer to bring a veggie tray to parties, so I know I have a healthy option
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Coconut Oil Popcorn – seasoned however your heart desires
- Veggie Pizza
- Fruit Kabobs
A lot of these recipes aren’t crazy healthy or anything, but they’re improvements on the traditional forms of the dishes. Hey, it’s a step in the right direction. I mean, if you want to serve kale chips, roasted chickpeas, or something like that, I encourage it. I just ask that you invite me over so I can eat all of them.
While I try to eat healthy, I also think it’s important to indulge every once in awhile and not stress about food. When it comes down to it, enjoy yourself and have fun if you’ll be participating in Super Bowl festivities this weekend!
Questions for you:
What are your favorite Super Bowl dishes (ha, get it?) or at parties in general?
Do you prefer being the host or guest to parties?