Last night, I made good food. It was wonderful. I feel like I make “meh” food a lot, so whenever Matt says something is “really good,” it makes me really happy.
I used this recipe for Jambalaya as a guide, and my alterations actually turned out really well! Love when that happens. I’m also excited about this recipe because it’s healthy! Win.
Crockpot Jambalaya is an easy and healthy weeknight meal with a kick!
- 1 med-large chicken breast (could use frozen)
- 7 oz turkey kielbasa, sliced (aka half of a 14oz one)
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juice, blended until smooth
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 c frozen shrimp, cooked (without tails)
- brown rice, cooked
- Combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, broth, and seasonings in the crockpot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- When there's about 20-30 minutes left, shred chicken (I just smash it with a spoon in the pot because it's so tender). Then throw in shrimp. (I did this while cooking the brown rice.)
- Serve crockpot mixture on top of rice in a bowl.
After our 7:30 pm dinner, I still needed to fit in a workout, which kind of sucked.
I DID end up doing my 45-Minute Speed Pyramid treadmill workout at about 8:30 pm–aka I wasn’t done with everything until 9:30, which is practically bedtime.
Okay, ish. Because I still worked out. So that makes it kind of a success. Plus, I forgot how much I enjoy that workout. It’s challenging, but it doesn’t feel impossible. Makes me feel alive! (and not on my way to death)
Questions for you:
When’s the latest you’ll workout? Probably 9? Depends on the day.
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten recently? Crockpot Jambalaya!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Bestowed giveaway! You have until Thursday night.