Saturday: 30-Minute Elliptical Intervals
Sunday: 25-Minute Incline Run plus a 1-mile walk
¡Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo!
We “celebrated” ours with lots of yummy Mexican food. A tasty margarita happened as well.
Another exciting happening from yesterday (other than an excessive amount of guac) was getting nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Melissa. It made my day! Thanks, Melissa.
Here’s the deal. If you’ve been nominated, you do the following:
1. Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post.
2. Thank the person who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
4. Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
7 Random Things About Me
1. I’m a morning person. I never used to be, but I’m all about enjoying the mornings these days. The getting up part is horrible, but after that I absolutely love the peace and quiet. The only problem is sometimes I don’t go to bed early enough, so I have to pretend to be a morning person, which is exactly what’s going on this morning. I might have to break my no-caffeine rule to get through today. Eeeee.
2. I like to cut my own hair. I basically only do this when it’s long because it’s easier. Plus, my hair is curlyish/wavy, so it’s hard to tell if it’s not 100% perfect. I just enjoy doing it. And it’s a free haircut. Maybe I should take up cosmetology.
3. Plain milkshakes are my favorite. I’m all about straight-up vanilla milkshakes or maybe chocolate. I usually prefer them over crazy candy-filled shakes. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I just like the classics.
4. I make jewelry. I used to make hemp necklaces all the time, but the past year I’ve made a lot of earrings and necklaces for myself. It all started because I hate how expensive jewelry is, but I feel crafty enough to make decent-looking jewelry. Therefore, I make what I want. I haven’t done it in awhile though. Guess I’m losing touch with my crafty side.
5. I basically met Matt at my sister’s wedding. We worked together in college (I was even his boss for one year), but we didn’t talk until my sister’s wedding. Matt was friends with my brother-in-law, John, beforehand, hence him being at the wedding. It all started on the dance floor when I showed him my ridiculous awesome dance moves on the floor; I think he was hooked from there.
6. I’m afraid of commitment into the form of decorating. I don’t like blank walls in the apartment, but I don’t like putting up pictures because I like rearranging and changing things so often. I know I’ll just want to change it right away.
7. I really want to try Crossfit. I’m always hearing awesome things about it, and it seems so awesome. My workouts usually revolve around cardio, so the world of weight lifting really intrigues me.
Who I’ve nominated…
Annette at Fitness Perks
Cait at The Arty Runnerchick
Laura at Fit Running Mama
Sarah at PickyRunner
Katie at Hungry Runner
Gina at Noshing on Asphalt
Tina at Best Body Fitness
Jess at Blonde Ponytail
Sylvia at Frolic Through Life
Heather at Fit ‘n’ Cookies
Courtney at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
Tina at Carrots ‘n’ Cake
Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats
Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl
Monica at Run Eat Repeat