Guess what I spent all day Saturday doing…
I pulled out my awesome sister/sister-in-law card and helped with some home improvement for my sis and bro-in-law’s new house. From 11am to 8pm, I was diligently painting and building. The combination of doing the dumbbell workout that morning plus working on shelves all day made me super sore, and I’m still really feeling it today. I took yesterday off from working out, and my body thanked me.
Here’s a picture of the beginning (before we realized what we had gotten ourselves into) and a picture of the end result (when we didn’t even want to look at the shelves anymore):
I write about ways to speed up muscle recover the day before I inflict massive soreness upon myself. You’d think I’d take my own advice and try one of the ways. Nope, I’ve just been powering through. Yesterday I did some walking, so you could count that as active recovery, I suppose. Sure, let’s go with that.
The Pinterest Effect
This girl has had some major issues lately. I spend way too much time on Pinterest, and it makes me overly ambitious in a variety of areas.
1. Desserts: I only allow myself to make one dessert at a time; otherwise, the sugar supply will get out of control very fast. So basically, I have a long list of sweets I want to make. Next? Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, which I mentioned in last week’s Favorite Things post.
2. Workouts: There’s a reason why I have 92 pins on my Workouts board. I go through the Health/Fitness section and am constantly finding new workouts that look awesome. Plus, Pbfingers has awesome workouts quite often so she’s taking up a significant part of the board. I’ve tried maybe a quarter of the workouts. Okay, that’s a lie. I’ve done like an eighth. It’s some progress, nonetheless.
3. Appetite: When I look through the food section for possible dinner ideas and such, all I see are desserts. Not. Cool. Yesterday I was having sugar withdrawals because of all the amazing cookies and brownies that I was seeing. Thanks to my sista-friend Ash for helping me with my problem by buying brownie mix at the store yesterday to make some bean brownies today! It’s a somewhat healthier version. Go us!
4. Shopping: Some days I’m in the fashion mood. On these occasions I browse the Women’s Apparel section and get lost on how I will probably never dress myself. It makes me want to go shopping really really really badly. Thankfully, the closest clothing store is about 40 minutes away from my small town, complicating the process of spending money.
5. Decorating: Now that it’s the holiday season I’m seeing a bunch of cupcakes, mason jars, and even bathtubs decorated in such fun ways. It makes me wish I had a huge house to decorate and a bunch of people to make fun things for. Thankfully, the next best thing is just an hour away. My sister’s new house plus a Halloween party coming up allows me a chance to use a few of the millions of ideas I’ve found on Pinterest that I want to do. Woo!
What did you do this past weekend?
Do you love Pinterest as much s I do? What effect does it have on you?