Sometimes, food just shouldn’t be mixed. Today’s recipe, however, combines three breakfast foods that should be mixed.
Whenever I eat pancakes, I get sad because I also want some other classic breakfast foods, like eggs or sausage, but I can only eat so much before I develop a food baby. That’s why I threw a bunch of my favorite breakfast foods together for a tasty concoction.
I don’t usually like syrup-less pancakes, but these were so full of flavor that I honestly don’t think they need sugary syrup on top. However, I drizzled some on for funsies, and sheiza, they were 10x better.
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c ground sausage, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in medium bowl.
- Mix in milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in most of scrambled eggs and most of sausage.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and cook half of batter on medium until filled with bubbles and slightly brown on the bottom. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Repeat with rest of batter.
- Serve topped with remainder of pre-cooked sausage and eggs. Drizzle with syrup if desired.
The thought of putting sausage and scrambled eggs inside of pancakes may freak some people out, and that’s cool. I get it. But I highly recommend you try it out! I love the mix of flavors and the fact that I don’t have to choose among breakfast foods now.
Enjoy! Make sure to check out my other recipes!