I don’t know about you, but I’m about ready for nap time. You know how I was sick a few weeks ago? Well I think I’m already getting sick again but with a cold this time. Oh bugga!
Therefore, I am spending the rest of my Friday chillin’ like a villain. I already planned to take today as a rest day from running, so I’m really not doing anything different than I had planned. Just hangin’ out and eating the chocolate chip cookies that I mentioned Wednesday and was finally able to make.
I live such a thrilling life–I know.
Switching to more positive news, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Melissa who blogs at Freeing Imperfections. Here’s a little description of what it’s all about (taken from Melissa):
What’s the Liebster Award?
Here’s a little bit about what I was nominated for. (I may or may not have copied it from Melissa.)
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The Liebster Award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs (aka, don’t nominate the person who nominated you).
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m running my first marathon on February 3rd! Anyone who reads this blog at all already knows that though.
2. I love to make faces. People often comment on my facial expressions. I usually realize I’m doing them, but sometimes it’s just pure reaction. You could say I’m a somewhat animated person.
3. I have been compared to a dog way too many times in my life. Perhaps it’s because when I’m happy I tend to be really happy and excited. Not quite sure.
4. I absolutely love plants. Moving recently to San Diego was a little sad because I couldn’t bring any of my 6 plants that I’ve acquired over the last few years. My green thumb is aching for a bit of earth in a pot to take care of. Then again, I can definitely still appreciate all the greenery that surrounds me here in SoCal.
5. The video game Grand Theft Auto is a weakness of mine. It all started back in the day with Vice City. I just like driving around and exploring. Oh, and blowing things up with an RPG. Guess it’s the nerd/boyish side of me coming out.
6. I really didn’t start running much until about 3 years ago when I made the crazy decision (or so it seemed at the time) to sign up for a half marathon with a college friend. From there I realized I could do much more than I ever thought and continued to push myself.
7. I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day and everyday. From eggs to cereal to pancakes, I don’t think I could ever get sick of breakfast foods. There are just so many variations of the yumminess!
8. When I was around 5 years old, I carved a smiley face with a box-cutting knife into my dad’s car. Needless to say, I got into a bit of trouble as a little tyke.
9. I took piano lessons for 4 years when I was younger, so I can still play a little bit but nothing too fancy. (I leave that to my talented sister who actually stuck with it and is a rockstar at it.)
10. I’m quite accident prone. Some of the more significant items I have broken over the years are the following: 2 of my father’s stereos, a new iPod touch (stepped on it), my old Game Boy pocket size (stepped on it), my laptop (spilled an entire Nalgene on it), an old cell phone screen (stepped on it), an old flip cell phone (broke it in half), and both ankles (one in high school volleyball practice and the other I fell on ice at college). I could go on forever with all the stupid things I’ve done over the years, but this is just one random fact, so I’ll stop here. If I’ve learned anything from all of these accidents, I guess you could say I’m a little more aware of where I walk.
11. Coffee and tea are my best friends–only decaf though. I go through stages of loving one way more than the other. Right now, I’m probably more of a coffee person. I stopped drinking caffeine about a year ago, though, because I was sick of getting headaches whenever I didn’t have my morning coffee. Therefore, without a real need for caffeine (college created more of a need) and the fact that decaffeinated coffee and tea taste just as good to me, I’ll stick to the decaf and keep enjoying my favorite beverages.
1. Where did you come up with your blog’s name?
It took me forever to come up with my blog name. I know I wanted it to be somewhat focused on a healthy lifestyle, but I wanted it to be fun at the same time. I brainstormed for a few weeks and finally was able to come up with something. I didn’t think I’d ever start my blog because I’m horrible at naming things (I’ve even had a fish die before I could figure out what to name it. ‘Twas tragic.) So, I finally came up with Gettin’ My Healthy On. It’s somewhat casual but still gets the healthy point across.
Melanie at Happy Being Healthy
Chelsea at Cardio and Cocktails
Katie at The Hungry Runner
Andrea at A Doctor in The House
Sarah at Pickyrunner
Maureen at Girl Gone Beast
Sylvia at Frolic Through Life
Mariell at HealthyPantz
Erin at Running Tall
Amalia at Live. Travel. Eat. and Run.